'SELAMAT DATANG KE BLOG 'PUSAT MAKLUMAT RAKYAT KUCHING'

Kami menyediakan bahan maklumat mengenai dasar-dasar kerajaan serta perkhidmatan internet bagi para pelanggan.

LEAVING THIS BLOG NOW...................

As I will be on a long months' holidays starting 7th July 2010 prior to my retirement in October 2010, I will suspend my service in updating my blog on daily issues or facts of interest.

I would like to thanks everyone for having the interest in surfing my blog and sharing the thoughts with me.

Thank you to everyone.


Friday, May 16, 2008

Fountains picture of neglect and decay

WONDER how often local council officers visit the Waterfront or the Museum Garden. If they did they would notice how the fountains which were once the pride of the Waterfront have now turned into dumping grounds for litterbugs and are never cleaned.
They are really a sorry sight.

A tourist from Australia recently on a visit to Kuching was appalled at the sad picture of the ‘derelict’ fountains and wondered why with so many Waterfront police personnel, nothing was done to prevent this ‘sickness’.

Then on a visit to the fountains at the Museum Garden, it is the same story. Both are now a picture of neglect and decay.

We appeal to the council concerned to bring back these beautiful fountains to their former glory and ensure they are protected and regularly checked.

Seemingly the lights from the fountains which were lit especially at festivals, have gone into disrepair!

Borneo Post - Letter toEditor,Monday, April 21st, 2008

No comments: